The product-ratings website Influenster.com went through about 50,000 reviews to see which condiments Americans are currently obsessed with. And they came up with the top condiment in all 50 states.
It’s not necessarily the most-used condiment in each state. More like the one that’s currently trending the most. And they used a pretty loose definition of what a “condiment” is, so things like peanut butter and alfredo sauce count.
Here in Louisiana, we’re just going to assume “Cane’s Sauce” or any variation of crawfish dip wasn’t an option.
1. Hidden Valley Ranch is #1 in Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Oklahoma, and West Virginia.
2. Nature’s Way Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is #1 in Hawaii, Minnesota, Oregon, Alaska, and Colorado.
3. Frank’s Red Hot took the top spot in four states: Arizona, Maryland, North Carolina, and Texas.
4. Nutella, also four states: Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, and Virginia.
5. Various types of peanut butter came in first in four states: Montana, South Dakota, Vermont, and Wyoming.
6. Sriracha took the top spot in three states: California, Nebraska, and Washington.
7. Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce, three states: Alabama, Georgia, and Louisiana.
8. Yellow mustard is #1 in three states: Delaware, Missouri, and Tennessee.
9. Mayonnaise is the top condiment in Nevada and Wisconsin.
10. And ketchup almost got shut out. Heinz Ketchup took the top spot in its home state of Pennsylvania, but that’s it.