Colorado Springs Home Damaged by Dog-Triggered Stove Fire

A house in Colorado Springs caught fire when the family dog accidentally turned on the stove, which had some boxes on top of it.

Firefighters responded to the home on the city’s south side around 4:45 a.m. on June 26 after the homeowners reported a fire. They found that one of the homeowners had already put out the fire before they arrived. The resident was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation, but there were no other injuries.

Upon reviewing security footage, investigators discovered that the dog had jumped on the stove, causing the boxes to catch fire shortly after the dog left the kitchen. The entire kitchen filled with smoke as a result.

The homeowners were alerted to the incident by their Apple HomePod, which sent them a “High Heat” notification while they were sleeping. The fire department emphasized the importance of having working smoke alarms, keeping combustible items away from stoves, and knowing escape routes in case of a fire.

According to a spokesperson from the Colorado Springs Fire Department, the house sustained significant damage, and the family has had to find temporary accommodations.

Leave a Comment